1) The hamper, 2) Lorenzo & I on his christening day
My beautiful godson Lorenzo was christened last month and I put together this hamper as part of his christening gift. I think it’s a nice idea and you can put it together at a reasonable price depending on where you buy the items to put into it. I added some things he can use now and some things my friend Steph will need for him soon such as socket covers. I bought the L for Lorenzo in a craft shop, sanded it down and painted it so she can frame it, hang it on his door or put it in his bedroom.
I think it would be a great gift idea for parents of a new baby. Can I suggest putting things that a baby will need down the line such as corner covers and sippy cups. Any new mother will tell you they receive plenty of 0-3 month clothes.
I absolutely love December. I usually refuse to engage with the idea of Christmas before December, as it ruins it for me if it goes on too long. I’m secretly envious of the people who have all of their presents wrapped and ready to go before December starts, but I also think I would feel cheated out of the atmosphere if I was that prepared. I’ve started shopping but I’ve quite a way to go. I though I’d share my plans for this festive month.
I plan to (note I’m not making any promises):
1. Wish my Mam a very big happy birthday tomorrow.
2. Do a bit of a clear out and get rid of some old unused things before I add any Christmas gifts I receive.
3. Take a trip to Cork for the third instalment of my evil wicked step mother’s 60th Birthday, hosted by The Lord Mayor of Cork, no less. That evil wicked bit was a joke…kinda! 😉
4. Get lots of work done to wrap up 2013 and get 2014 off to a good start.
5. Buy the rest of my Christmas presents.
6. Share some hints and tips for what I want for Christmas (I know they’ll be much appreciated).
7. Welcome Dane home for over 2 weeks!!! Kind of excited!
8. Finish up work stress free with the first week in January prepared and ready to go.
9. Get Christmas nails done. I’m already thinking red & gold.
10. Have an amazing Kris Kindle night with my girls. I see Christmas hats and plenty of cocktails.
11. Wrap presents, eat chocolate and generally enjoy the festive season…oh and relax a little.
What are your plans for December?
1) two cakes at a time…sure why not? 2) Beautifuuly wrapped presents, 3) Cocktails with my girls, 4) The UH-mazing cake Jade made. It was delicious.
I had a lovely weekend celebrating my birthday with family & friends. It involved a LOT of food, two birthday cakes on Friday night, an amazing cake on Saturday night made by my lovely friend Jade, some cocktails and more beers. I also received some fab presents. What more could a girl want?