I promised myself last week that I was going to make the next post about something other than Covid-19 but what else is there right now?
POST PANDEMIC PLANS
Things I want to do or do more of when this is all over:
- More family photos. I have approximately one of us all together.
- A Sunday afternoon down the pub watching football.
- Bottomless prosecco brunch in The Exchequer with the girls.
- The obvious ones – nail appointment, hair appointment etc.
- More exploring around Dublin. We’ve spent so much time at home since we bought the house which I’m grateful for because we were making it into a place we’re happy to spend all this time in. Now I’m looking forward to spending my weekends out of the house.
- Go shopping for NON-ESSENTIALS. Let’s be honest, its a Penneys (Primark) and Ikea haul for me!
- A cheeseburger and skinny fries from Bunsen. If you’re Irish, or visiting Ireland and haven’t had a Bunsen yet. Do yourself a favour. There are 6 in Dublin, 1 in Cork and 1 in Belfast. The Best Burgers.
- Book that trip to New Orleans we’ve been talking about for the past couple of years. Hopefully in a 2021, post-Trump America.
One quick thing, am I the only one who is a bit worried that I’m going to be even more socially awkward when this is over?
Again, planning fills my cup. If it doesn’t fill yours, don’t do it.
- I’m worried about: The weather has been pretty damn good up until now, which has made this a whole lot better, but now we’re in for some rain this week and I’m interested to see how many meltdowns I have per day when that happens. Up until now I have been eating at least 1 meal a day out in our little garden. I’ve been working on outdoor projects and I’ve also been spoiled with the option to go for a walk whenever I choose, rather than trying to get one in between showers. Is this making anyone else nervous?
- II’m reading: I’m almost finished ‘The Book of Life’, the 3rd book in The All Souls Trilogy. I think this has been my favourite of the 3.
- I’m enjoying: The 100 Day Project is absolutely keeping me sane. At first I thought the timing was terrible because I wouldn’t have the access to supplies whenever I want them, but it’s been great because it has pushed me to work with what I’ve got or can get in the supermarket. It also puts structure on my day that doesn’t involve work, which is really helpful for me. It’s never too late to start your own project. Why not jump in? It can be anything, just do it for 100 days. Sounds simple eh?! The pictures above are 1-20 of my project – 100 Days of Paparali Projects.
- Online orders: I ordered some white masonry paint online for painting the wall out the back garden. It arrived today, just on time for all the rain!
- I’m struggling with: Not seeing the very few people I like to spend time with and working from home. It’s getting harder, not easier.
- Random supermarket purchases: This week, in the middle aisles of Aldi, I picked up – a new succulent (surprise, surprise), a highlighter (the make-up kind, not the marker kind) and some sanding blocks. Last week, I got an outdoor heater from Lidl. It was a big win and we sat out the back garden until 11pm.
- I’m watching: We finished Season 3 of Narcos and plan to move onto Narcos: Mexico. We also re-watched Season 1 of After Life on Friday and then watched all of Season 2 on Sunday. I laughed and I cried.
How is lockdown going for you now and what do you plan to do when it’s over? Come & chat in the comments, slide into my DMs on Instagram or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyway, that’s enough from me this week…catch ya next week…maybe!