Finding my 2019 word definitely wasn’t as easy as usual. Normally my word kind of finds me. My process every year is to start looking at what I want from my word around the start of December. Then I usually have a look on Pinterest at lists of words to see what jumps out. I usually find around 5 or 6 that stand out and then I look at dictionary definitions for the words and quotes involving the words. It may sound strange but then over the month of December I just tend to see the word popping up in different places. As I said, it kind of finds me.
Eventually my word for this year came to me & here I am on the 2nd January and I’ve finally found it. My word for 2019 is Flourish. Grow and Thrive stood out to me too and I think they’re perfect supporting words.
I looked up the word Flourish in a few different dictionaries, some of the results I found were:
- to thrive in growth
- to grow or develop successfully
- to grow or develop in a healthy or vigorous way
The areas of my life I want to Flourish in 2019 are:
- My health. Mental, physical & emotional. I definitely haven’t looked after my health very well the past couple of years. I need to pay more attention to my mental and emotional health but I definitely need to work on becoming physically healthier. I lost almost 3 stone a few years ago and in the past 2 years I’ve put half of it back on. So my goal for my physical health is to reach that 3 stone weight loss I was so close to before. In turn, feeling physically healthier will help my mental health.
- My relationships. They take work and I plan to work on all of mine in 2019. You have to nourish something to see it flourish.
- Our new home (hopefully!) We had a bid accepted on a house in early December so all going well, we’re hoping to turn it into a home in 2019. Something tells me this will play a big part in my OLW this year.
- My true self. This sounds so cheesy. I even feel a bit uncomfortable saying it but I think because I’m not a typically extroverted person, I tend to feel like my natural instincts are wrong rather than just different. So this year I plan to spend my time focusing on what I really want rather than what I think I should want. In doing that, I hope to learn to say yes to more things by saying no to things I really don’t want to do.
The word Flourish also plays well with my plans for The 100 Day Project for 2019, but more about that later.
So that’s it for now. I’ll be posting updates on my word here and on Instagram throughout the year. Mostly because I know that’s the best way to keep me accountable when it comes to my word.
Have you chosen a word for 2019? I’d love to hear more about it.
If you would like to check out Ali Edwards’ One Little Word workshop, you can here. You can also find out more information about One Little Word here. The link is also in my side bar. Finally, if you want to check out my previous posts on this topic, click on One Little Word here or under the Series tab in the menu bar. My previous words have been Less (2018), Focus (2017), Balance (2016) and Stronger (2015).