My hair colour over the last 4 years has gone from black to red to blonde with a few twists thrown in.
I sort of jumped into this blog without any warning, so I have decided to share some information for anyone reading it that might not know me personally. Below are 20 facts about me:
1. I like to change my hair colour regularly and get bored very quickly. I’m the same with my nails. I’m already planning the next set a day after getting them done.
2. I am addicted to diet coke.
3. Dane & I have been together over 4 years. We are so different in almost every way but it works. We have very little in common and even when we do share an interest, we usually differ in our opinion.
4. I worry way too much about things out of my control.
5. I consider myself tech savvy but I’m allergic to shopping online. I’ve done it maybe twice. It’s such an ordeal wondering when it will arrive? Is it what I want? What if I’m not at home & have to go to some collection centre? (Did I mention that I worry unnecessarily?)
6. I have an extremely low pain threshold.
7. I do not enjoy the heat if it’s above 25 degrees celsius (yes I am in Dubai for the summer where it is currently averaging at 40 degrees)
8. I’m slightly obsessed with my dogs. Some people would argue the slightly bit. They make me laugh every day and I think it’s impossible to feel lonely with them around.
9. I work in adult education. I teach basic literacy, computers, photography, communication skills, personal & interpersonal skills & family literacy which includes some arts and crafts. I ONLY work with adults. I could never teach children.
10. I enjoy making things but I get bored easily with longer projects.
11. I love when things are organised but I never manage to be as organised as I would like to be.
12. I have the most unconventional family in the best possible way and I wouldn’t change them for the world.
13. If I get an idea in my head, I want to do it NOW! On more than one occasion I’ve rearranged furniture in a room at 2am or started a scrapbook at 3am.
14. I have a love affair with leopard print. I have a radar for it & spot it every time I’m shopping.
15. I love animals & feel sick at the thought of animal cruelty but I can’t bring myself to give up eating meat.
16. I’ve had the same set of friends most of my life. I really couldn’t imagine it any other way. They’re very different women but they’re all amazing in their own way.
17. I really enjoy cooking and having people over for dinner.
18. I got my first (and only) tattoo at 24 and my ears pierced at 25.
19. I love being from and living in Ireland. It’s not perfect but it’s perfect for me.
20. I am extremely opinionated and can become very passionate if I feel strongly about something. I have, however, learned how to choose my battles. Sometimes it’s okay to have an opinion and not share it.