The home department of Penneys (Primark) is on fire right now. I’m so happy with the things I managed to pick up this week. At the minute my bedroom is white with a bright yellow Billy bookcase from IKEA (which they no longer stock) and a turquoise bedside table (which you can find here) so I was delighted to find the photo frame with grey and turquoise in it. I plan to paint one of the white frames yellow so I’ll share it here when I do. The grey and white cushion with yellow writing matches perfectly too. Finally, I’m excited about the weekly planner and I cant wait to use it in my craft room. Lord knows I need to be more organised so I’m hoping a planner will help. I’m pretty excited about some of the stuff coming up from Penneys.
I know I’m a little late to the party considering I think Ali Edwards started the concept of One Little Word in 2006 but I’m going to attempt my first OLW this year. I have no idea yet how I’m going to document it. I already do Project Life so I’m not sure if I will try to incorporate it into my monthly spreads or document it in some other way.
I have, however, decided on my word. I went back and forward over a few different words but I’ve finally settled on ‘Stronger’. I’m aiming for 2015 to be a stronger year for me in many different areas. I wanted to pick a word that could transfer from personal life to work life to how I think.
My aim this year is to:
- become mentally stronger. I want to be able to stay at home on my own at night without feeling terrified. That seems like a huge challenge but I did say strongER.
- become physically stronger and fitter and healthier.
- become stronger as an individual person. Be stronger as a ‘me’ instead of a ‘we’. I enjoy my own company but I’m learning how to live my life as a single person again after 6 years. Learning to rely on myself if I need to (not that I have to very often, I have amazing family & friends) and become stronger as a real grown-up person.
- build a stronger, more organised blog and hopefully build a stronger following too.
- become a stronger friend/family member. Sometimes I have to be in the mood for people and if I’m not and it doesn’t suit me, I can flake on things.
- have a stronger attitude. I’m not pushing the ‘Positive Mental Attitude’ but I’m trying to be less negative and more thankful for what I have.
- Stronger at my job. more patient, better time keeping skills, better organised.
Is anyone else taking part in the One Little Word challenge this year? I’d love for people to share how they plan to document it?
If any of you are interested in taking part, you can check all Ali Edwards has to say about OLW here.