I’ve decided to start a new mini series of posts that’s going to be made up of lots of different lists. I love lists. I find the idea of getting ‘to do’ lists down on paper really satisfying. I tend to like actually physically writing them down. I know this is really old school & there’s a bazillion apps to do the same job on our phones now, but I really enjoy the process of writing them down & crossing or ticking things off. I may actually write all of the lists down too.
This first list is a list of the little things that make me happy. I think we can focus waaaay too much of the physical things that make us happy and sometimes on the things we want & cant or don’t have so it’s nice to remember the little things…
- Good books that you get lost in & don’t want to put down.
- The smell after a well needed rainfall.
- Spending time with the people who make me forget that the world is sometimes an awful place.
- Music that triggers memories.
- Sunsets with a mixture of beautiful colours (particularly when I’m driving home from work – it lifts my mood).
- A shower on a cold day followed by clean pjs & fresh bed sheets.
- Family dinners.
- When people are polite.
- Waking up & realising there’s still lots of time left to sleep.
- Holding hands.
- Fallin asleep to the sound of rain.
- A great cup of tea.
- How excited my dogs get when I get home.
- Not setting an alarm for the morning.
- A smile from a stranger.
- Comfortable silences.
- TV shows binges.
- Taking photographs.
- Good hair days.
- Laughing until my belly hurts.
I’m sure there’s lots more so there may be another list of things that make me happy at some stage.
What makes you happy?