My One Little Word for 2018 is LESS.
I went back and forward between a few different words this year and I decided to keep hold of them as supporting or accompanying words. When I really thought about it, they all led to different elements of my goals for LESS. So my supporting words are: simplify, clarity and intentional.
As you can see from the image below, the things I plan to do less of in 2018 are:
- Have less negative thoughts (and yes, the fact that Less is a negative word, hasn’t escaped my attention!) I also aim to worry less. One of the things that creates negative thoughts and worry for me is internalising things that bother me. I plan to communicate in a more clear and open manner and hopefully that will help with the worry and negativity.
- Spend less money, on unnecessary material things, in particular. As a result of spending less, I obviously hope to save more money.
- I also plan to clear out on a lot of the material things I already have including clothes, shoes and beauty products. Nobody needs the amount I have.
- Drink less alcohol and eat less unhealthy foods. In return, I plan to exercise more, get more fresh air and lose more weight. Easy right?!
- Spend less time doing things I don’t want to do. I hope to have less things and more experiences. Some that cost money and some that don’t. I definitely want to spend less of my time during the day, when I’m not in work, watching TV.
- Finally, I am the queen of procrastinating, so in 2018, I want to do less of that and make better use of my time. That doesn’t mean there won’t be time spent doing nothing but when I do, I want it to be intentional.
So that’s my plan for 2018. Let’s see how it goes.
I’m not sure how I’m going to document my OLW this year but I’ll be sure to share it when it comes to me. I’ve always decided at the start of the year and it never really works out so I’m going to see how I get on with my word for a few weeks first. As always, the thing I love most about OLW is that you can use it and document it however you like.
Are you taking part in One Little Word this year? What’s your word for 2018?
If you would like to check out Ali Edwards’ One Little Word workshop, you can here. You can also find out more information about One Little Word here. The link is also in my side bar. Finally, if you want to check out my previous posts on this topic, click on One Little Word here or under the Series tab in the menu bar.