Am I the only one who is completely obsessed with jars? Yes? Okay then.
I bought these really cute Jars and thought they would be great for desserts so I had to work out what kind of dessert to put into them. I decided on cheesecake for 2 reasons. The first was that there is layers to cheesecake so it would show through the glass and the second is because cheesecake is so easy. It’s about the only dessert I can get right. This is probably a good thing because I’d make a lot of desserts otherwise. I’m really happy with how they turned out so I thought I’d share the recipe here. It was just a standard cheesecake recipe, but if there are any newcomers to the world of cheese cake making then it might be helpful. The caramel turned out perfectly which I’m really happy about because apparently it can go wrong very easily.
- 200g Digestive biscuits
- 100g butter
- 300g cream cheese
- 200g cream
- 100g golden syrup
- 100g butter
- 100g brown sugar
- crush the biscuits
- melt 100g of butter
- mix the butter and biscuit together
- flatten the biscuit mix into the bottom of each jar and put them into the fridge
- mix the cream cheese and the cream together in a bowl until it’s fully blended
- Add cream cheese mix on top of the biscuit base and put it back in the fridge
- Add the brown sugar, remaining butter and golden syrup (it must be equal quantities of each) to a pot and boil on a medium heat, mixing continuously, for about 2 minutes.
- Finally, add it to the top of the cheesecake filling and refrigerate for at lease 2 hours.