My One Little Word for 2021 is ‘Intentional’. My overall aim for the year is to focus on one thing at a time and to be more present. I type this as I watch an episode of The US Office so I clearly have a lot to work on. I want to do things more intentionally and I also want to reflect on the intent behind the things I do/say whether they be good or bad.
My goals for 2021 include:
Family & Friends –
- Be more intentional about the time I spend with my family and friends. I know that may seem like a strange one at the moment when we can’t actually spend time with most of our family and friends, but when I talk to people on the phone or on FaceTime or Zoom calls, I want to be more present. I have a terrible habit of constantly thinking ahead to the next time I need to do. I need to learn how to enjoy the now.
- Stop putting pressure on myself to please everyone else. I have to learn that sometimes it’s okay to put yourself first.
Our home is where we have spent most of our time this year and I’m so glad that it’s somewhere I really want to be. There are a few things I hope to change this year:
- New blinds for the conservatory.
- Change 4 of the light fittings upstairs. Goodbye boob lights.
- I got Dave a record player for Christmas and he’s getting really into it so I want to create a record wall for him to display his favourite ones.
- Paint (yes, paint) the floors in the main bathroom.
This is where I normally put ‘lose this specific amount of weight’ but I’m not doing that this year. I absolutely need to lose some weight, for my health, instead of as a reason to value myself.
- Get moving more and track my walks/exercise. I won’t be tracking them to make myself feel guilty about the days I miss. I’ll be tracking them to motivate myself and because I think it will be a fun thing to look back on.
- Stop eating for comfort/boredom.
- Eat with intention.
- Reflect on the intention behind my negative thoughts and actions.
- Work on being less afraid of EVERYTHING.
- Take more photographs. Learn more about photography and practice it.
- Learn more about my Cricut and what it can do.
- Read more. I’m going to try listening to audio books. I love podcasts so I’m sure I’ll enjoy listening to audio books. I just haven’t tried it.
- Take an interior design course.
We got engaged in December and have absolutely no idea what kind of wedding we want. We know what we don’t want and I suppose that’s a start. We’re aiming for 2022 but we’ll see how that goes. It’s definitely not something I want to put lots of pressure on so I’m planning on taking it easy.
- Work out a savings plan.
- Choose a location.
- Make a guest list (this part stresses me out the most).
Pieces by Paparali –
I started a little side hustle towards the end of 2020 and mostly sold Christmas related items. I really enjoyed it and seeing my pieces in people’s houses over the Christmas but I have so many more ideas in my head.
- Work on new pieces
- Organise my craft/office space so it’s more functional for working on Pieces.
- Get a ‘Pieces by Paparali’ shop up here on the paparali.com website.
I have some work goals too that I don’t plan on sharing here because I like to keep my work life separate to my personal life. Do you like to record your goals for the year or are you more of a wing it type of person? I’d love to hear more about what you want from 2021. If you’re interested in sharing, drop me a comment, DM me on Instagram or email me at email@example.com.